
Lettie has been unusually hyper today. They started her on a new antibiotic today since she was positive for a UTI, so that may be it. She hasn't napped much and is still awake as I post. She has been vocalizing more sounds today, which is great. She has done terrible with eating though! She decided she wasn't going to eat today and is being very stubborn about it. We have been able to get enough food in her for her meds, but that's about it. She has drank her bottles well though. Her sutures are draining less and the culture on it came back negative, so no infection there! If we could just get her to eat life would be a lot easier.
We had a great visit today from some friends from Northstar, Michelle & kids, Rachel, & Diana. They came bearing some really cool gifts- Lettie bug T-shirts! They are so adorable and have Matthew 19:26 on the back. Thank you so much to Keith Phillips from Threds for making and donating the shirts for us. Lettie had fun watching Anna Lyons, Michelle's youngest, play. She made some good eye contact which I love seeing.
Still looks like Thursday is discharge day! This is so bittersweet for me. Please understand that I am so excited to go home; however, I am going home with a different child that I had before and planned on having after surgery. All the things we have accomplished have been answered prayers. In our eyes, surgically nothing went as it was supposed to go. We praise God for all that He has done and continues to do for Lettie. Life is going to be much different for awhile. Feeding is definitely going to be harder and obviously take much longer, but I pray that will get better soon. Caring for Lettie is going to be different since her left side is still not even close to being functional. They have ordered us a special tub seat to help with bathing which will be great! Her therapy schedule is likely to increase as well. We already went 3 days a week to Oak Ridge so will likely have to go more. She is also getting a new prescription for new orthotics to better support her left knee. As you can tell, we still have a long road of recovery ahead of us so continued prayers are always needed. Please pray for Mark as well. He has had an emotional ride since we have been in the hospital. I have been blessed to be able to stay with Lettie the entire time. Although this has been very difficult, I at least have been able to stay in the "hospital" mode the whole time. Mark has had to go from "work" mode to "hospital" mode several times. I cannot imagine how hard it has been to leave Lettie here and go back to work where normal stuff carries on while I'm sure he worries about Lettie's progress. He doesn't usually read the posts while he's at home cause he doesn't like seeing pics and being far away. Pray that we can return home Thursday so we can ALL be with Lettie and continue to watch her improve together.
I will continue to pray without ceasing. I know God is still listening. I pray that Lettie will be back to her old self soon. I know God's time is perfect. Your family will be in my prayers during this time of recovery. Jesus I trust in you! Karen Carlson
ReplyDeleteSummer,
ReplyDeleteIt was so great that you guys had visitors with such cool shirts on. I'll bet Lettie really liked those! Lettie has come so far since the first time I saw her on your blog. She has made some huge strides! She has so many people that love her (w/o even knowing her!) and are praying for her everyday. She has touched my heart in such a way it's hard to describe; all I know is that I will continue to pray for this precious little girl, as I'm sure everyone will. I pray that God will just reach over and touch Lettie's left side and heal her completely! That she will have full and complete movement and feeling there again. God can do this, I have so much faith in him, and with all the prayers going up for Lettie, I feel that God is going to heal her. I pray that Lettie gets her appetite back again, and that she will want to eat everytime food is offered to her until she gets her strength back again. I pray that she is healed from this latest UTI and can come off the new antibiotics. God is there in that room with Lettie and you as I write this, and I know he has his arms around Lettie right now, protecting her, watching over her. God is so good! I pray that you both have a quiet and peaceful night tonight, and a great day tomorrow.
Valerie Allen
I am standing in agreement with valerie allen. She has spoke so beautifully and this is my prayer also. LETTIE will always be a part of my heart after all the visits I made in Nashville. You guys have developed a huge new family and you are not along.Will pe praying for mark as I know how hard it is having his family split up in two different cities. May God keep blessing the Britton Family.
ReplyDeleteWindy
praying....Patti Brown, Knoxville
ReplyDeleteSummer, I'm praying that you and Lettie have a safe trip home on Thursday, that Lettie will eat better, and that the seizures do not return once she is totally off the keto diet.
ReplyDeleteI know nothing went as planned surgically in your eyes and it breaks my heart to think you feel the surgery was for nothing. It wasn't! You and Mark did not go into this alone. God was with you as you made the decision to go ahead with the surgery, and He's been by yours and Lettie's side this entire time. He will never leave you alone in this journey. When you think you can't do one more day He WILL get you through it.
In my eyes Lettie has made incredible progress. Look at her post op pictures then look at this last one you posted. Her recovery may take longer than we all wanted, but she will recover as God has planned. I know He has great plans for Lettie. She has already changed so many lives in the last month and a half!
Take care, I'll see you on Monday at the office. I know Dr. B. is looking forward to seeing you and Lettie. Candi
Summer I have something for you and Lettie. Will you email me your address so that I may send it to you.
ReplyDeleteafields@cityofalcoa-tn.gov
Hoping Thursday comes soon, HOME SWEET HOME!
Still praying,
Amy
Summer,
ReplyDeleteIt's Shelley Coleman Redden from OT school, just heard about Lettie. We are praying for you guys and I have been reading the blogs. Enjoy seeing her progress everyday. She is so precious, thinking of you. Hang in there !!