Monday, August 30, 2010

Just catching up




I guess you've realized, as have I, that life gets ahead of me and I either don't find the time or totally forget to blog as much as I would like to. Today we go for Lettie's appt to recheck her urine and confirm that the UTI is gone. This past week went good, busy, but good. Therapy is in full swing and the other two munchkins are in school and surviving. Jack is still not crazy about school but he goes. Coop loves it and her teacher is wonderful! I think she is going to have a really good year. I can't believe how mature she acts and looks! It makes me so sad that she is growing up so fast, too fast!
Lettie has been working hard in therapy and eating better, thank the Lord! She still doesn't have her full appetite back but it's so much better than it was. We are completely off the keto diet. Her left side movement is still sporadic and not functional yet but we are still praying everyday for God to work miracles on her and allow that side to improve. She got fitted on Thursday for new orthotics and they should be here in three weeks or less. These will really help on the left side to give support to her knee that buckles when we try to stand her. She continues to babble some and it's like music to our ears! We love to hear any sounds she makes. Yesterday marked week six of no seizures! That alone is a miracle from God. Mark & I were in the car the other day and he asked me what I thought stopped the seizures and I said, "God just decided to let them stop." He agreed. God has provided us with this wonderful blessing and pray relentlessly that he allows it to continue!
I would like to thank all those who have been providing us with meals. It has taken such a burden off of me while adjusting to the new schedule and we appreciate it more than words can express. I have enjoyed being home more and more each day and am adjusting to Lettie's new needs. Bathing is tough, but I have got it figured out on my own so I can do it by myself now. It's hard to get her in and out because of her left side weakness and we have to be extra careful lifting her because her left arm is so weak we could easily sublux her left shoulder without meaning to. Jack and Coop loving having Lettie back at home. They love and kiss on her so much and she loves it. Jack and Lettie fell asleep in my bed the other day and I got the cutest pic of them. He put his arm around her in his sleep. What a great big brother! I love them all so much and thank God for being home and blessing us with them all, so different but so precious!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome to hear the good progress. Still praying for daily improvement! Very cute pics you posted. Lettie looks better every time you post. Look forward to seeing more pics with those smiles returning. God is awesome, he takes us on paths we don't understand sometimes but he always gets us there.

    Size :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so wonderful to hear that everything is continuing to improve. Love the pics, they are such sweethearts. We continue to pray for you all. Lot of love - Sean, Julie, Hunter & Brody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer,
    The pics are adorable! I'm so happy that Lettie is eating better now and seems to be doing so well. Also, what a blessing that the seizures have stopped for 6 weeks now.I'm praying they've stopped for good. Still praying that Lettie will regain full movement on her left side. Hoping that the rest of the family is doing well, too. God is good!
    Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer she looks so good! I will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading this from my phone on my lunch break and I could cry my eyes out. I am so happy for all of you that I cannot say it loud enough. I read your blogs religiously and I can`t wait to read your next one. Please know you are still in my constant thoughts & prayers. Mark was such a great friend of ours, and we think about you often. Your whole precious family deserves nothing but God`s blessings. Thank you so much for letting us go on this journey with you.

    Love, Casey Cook Raper (the good twin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading this from my phone on my lunch break and I could cry my eyes out. I am so happy for all of you that I cannot say it loud enough. I read your blogs religiously and I can`t wait to read your next one. Please know you are still in my constant thoughts & prayers. Mark was such a great friend of ours, and we think about you often. Your whole precious family deserves nothing but God`s blessings. Thank you so much for letting us go on this journey with you.

    Love, Casey Cook Raper (the good twin :)

    ReplyDelete