Saturday, March 12, 2011

Please Pray for Lucy!

One of my good friends from Memphis texted me the other day with devastating news regarding one of her friends daughters. Her name is Lucy and she just turned 5 last week and has been diagnosed with a devastating form of brain cancer, medulloblastoma. This came about in the blink of an eye...she was ill and her parents took her to the doctor thinking it was just a virus, by 3pm that same day they were told she had 3 brain tumors and tumors in her spine. This happened on a Wed and she was in surgery two days later. She is heading to St. Jude for intense chemo/radiation daily for 6 months once she is well enough from surgery. This will be "hell" on her little body. As you all know, we have been in a similar situation with completely different circumstances of course. I ask that you please add Lucy Krull to your prayers. This situation has been very emotional for me and brings back such terrible memories that I find myself getting nauseated when I think about Lucy and her family as they lie in a hospital room with their worlds shattered...praying this is temporary. I have cried much this week and continue to for this family. I have never met them but totally understand how difficult it is to be dealing with a sick child. The Krulls have 2 other children, a 7 year old daughter and a 5 month old son..all too familiar for me as well. I pray that Kate, Lucy's mom, will receive some peace in her soul from God because it is such a struggle to be a mom in this situation. You know exactly where you should be, by the side of your sick child, but your heart is so torn missing the lives of your other two children. I honestly cannot explain in words how your heart aches..it is so hard I am crying just remembering how I felt during those times...It sucked! God chose for this to happen to Lucy.. why?! That we may not know or ever know but I know that God loves and has a purpose for all He does. I'll try to figure out how to get a picture of Lucy to post so you can see this precious child. You can visit their blog at www.erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. We will put Lucy on our church prayer list. Praying for you guys also.

    LeaAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been praying for Lucy. She is friends with a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will definitely add Lucy and her family to our prayers. no child or family of a child should have to endure such a sickness. Those first days after hearing news like that about your child and then dealing with all the uknown is so overwhelming. My Heart Aches for them.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Lucy and her family as well as yours. Peace and blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete