I'll start off with a quick update on seizures. Since I last posted Lettie has had two more seizures, so not terrible by any stretch, but definitely hated! She has seemed fine the last few days, looking scared or startled only a few times upon waking so we pray that it'll stay that way and only improve.
Last Monday Lettie started a gymnastic class at Heidi's Musical Gymnastics in Farragut. She takes a private 30 minute class on Monday mornings at 8:45. That seems early, and it is, but we're already up by 6:45 to get Jack ready for school and mornings are better than afternoons for her so that's what were working with. She is doing ok in the class and I really think it will help her work on some of those major physical milestones we're still very far from reaching like rolling, crawling, and hopefully someday, walking. Lettie is very opinionated in her own way and does not like to have to work for anything. She starts to fuss and cry when Ms. Heidi makes her stand and forces her to move her feet like she is walking to the different stations. I don't like to see her upset but the therapist in me( I once was an OT for those who didn't know what I did in my former life before motherhood) wants to see her push on to get stronger and gain more skills she needs to improve. I got some cute pics of her sitting on the mat before her class started and then after class in the special chair you sit in to get stamps and glitter.
Ms Heidi is so wonderful with the kids! I am so glad Lettie is with her :)
ReplyDeleteSummer, Thank you for posting these stories of how God is blessing your family. You are so blessed! We are still praying for Lettie daily. We are also praying for Little Lucy. Jesus I Trust in You! Karen Carlson
ReplyDeleteCute pics. Lettie is getting so big. I'm still praying for her daily.
ReplyDeleteValerie Allen