Saturday, March 26, 2011
An Amazing Thursday!
It is so unfortunate that life is so busy that I'm just now getting to post this amazing story about this past Thursday, March 24, 2011. On Wednesday night our pastor, Scott Cagle, called Mark and asked if his schedule for Thursday was flexible. Mark told him it wasn't because he was booked at Cornerstone and then had to head over to Children's Dentistry for afternoon patients. Scott told him he wanted us to come downtown to the Convention Center and meet pastor Jim Cymbala of the Brooklyn Tabernacle. There was a conference going on called Refresh Knoxville and Pastor Cymbala was speaking and Scott had previously shared Lettie's story with him and it would be awesome if he could pray with us so Mark got on the phone and God made it happen to allow his schedule to be rearranged so that Mark, Lettie, and I could make it downtown. We only had a brief time because Mark had to be back to see a patient at 11:30. I wasn't sure what to expect or really what was even going on at this conference but when after we got to the Convention Center Scott led us down front and up on the stage where around 300 or so church leaders of various denominations, race, and ethnicity were praising God in song. Scott shared a little of Lettie's story with the group and Pastor Cymbala loved on us and shouted , "Just pray!" I was overwhelmed with emotion as I looked into the crowd as hundreds of people began praying for my daughter! Words do not do justice to what we felt! I cannot thank our pastor, Scott, for providing us with the opportunity of a lifetime. I so needed that prayer time. It couldn't have come at a better time for me emotionally. God is so amazing! We then get on the interstate to head home and a van in front of us has these homemade stickers on it that reads, "waitforGod.org" Do you think God is trying to tell me something?! I pray for my patience to improve as God does wonders in Lettie's life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Incredible..I can imagine your emotions as you realized the enormity of the number of people praying at the exact same time for Lettie. I love the gymnatics pics. I am feeding girls cinnamon rolls as we speak from Lane's 7th birthday sleepover! I can't believe they are seven...its so sad...and amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome story!! Things are meant to be and only GOd can show us why. Pastor Scott Cagle was my pastor at Chestua Baptist Church in Madisonville about 20 years or so ago. He was an amazing man and his wife and children (not so little anymore) were precious too. You all are still constantly on my heart and in my prayers. Please remember that.
ReplyDelete