We are starting a new medication, Lamictal, tomorrow to hopefully help with the new seizures. She actually just had one about an hour ago when we got home from therapy. Life must go on and hopefully these ridiculously, rotten, evil seizures will subside soon, especially for the holidays! I mean what a bad time to return, you know! They could've at least waited till January 2!
Friday, December 10, 2010
Well...they're baaack!
Yes, it is unfortunately the seizures that I'm talking about that have crept back into our life. Lettie has been having small, brief seizures off and on for a couple of weeks now but this past Sunday she had her first full blown seizure just like old times. It was about 3 min. long and she then had one Tuesday and Thursday as well. The good news is that the one Thursday was caught on her EEG. We had a follow up appointment with Dr. Paolicchi on Thursday and an EEG as well and Lettie had a seizure while she was hooked up. This was good because Dr. Paolicchi was able to see the seizure on the video EEG. It appears to be focal seizures she is having and not spams, which is good news. There were no signs of the spasms returning as of now and the left hemisphere EEG looked much better than it did on her last EEG in September. It's crummy and really got me down that the seizures are back but what can you do but just pray some more. Actually, Sunday after her seizure I would say I was more angry than sad, just really ticked off that we have to deal with this AGAIN! Overall though, our appointment Thursday could've been much worse. Dr. Paolicchi felt the same as us, good and bad, hate that seizures are back but at least they aren't spasms. She said that it doesn't mean that it can't lead to more spasms but as of now they're not and that's all I'm gonna focus on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so sorry Summer. Praying for all of you. We love you guys.LeaAnne
ReplyDeleteOh, Summer Im so so sorry. There are really no words to say here. We will continue to pray for freedom and redemption as He has done before. Love and prayers-
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for Lettie, that her seizures will disappear as quickly as they started again. Valerie Allen
ReplyDeleteSummer, I am so sorry for Lettie and your family. My family and I will continue to pray for all of you. I pray you will know His peace this Christmas. I am praying for a miracle for Lettie. Jesus I Trust in You. Karen Carlson
ReplyDeleteJeff, Dylan and I will continue to pray for you. So glad that I got to meet you and your sweet Lettie at church a few weeks ago. It was nice to have a face to go with the blog. Now I can picture you guys while I pray for you.
ReplyDeleteIf there is ever anything that you need, you know where to find us. So sorry that you have to go through this.
Carrie
thank you for sharing....will be praying...Patti b.
ReplyDeletepraying Summer... praying and hoping.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update
Tracie
Summer,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear this news. We were just in Pigeon Forge for a long weekend and my mom asked if I had heard from you and how sweet Lettie was doing? I know the days can be hard sometimes but you are so right all we can do is pray a little harder and love on are babies a little stronger! Thinking of you guys!
Nikki Taylor
Summer and Mark I'm so sad to hear that Lettie's having seizures. Praying for a Christmas miracle.
ReplyDeleteGennie
Pray for you all often God Please be with Lettie Bug..... Keep the Faith......Tracy RN
ReplyDelete