Saturday, December 18, 2010

What a week!

Well since I last posted we have had a time with a terrible stomach virus that hit us all except Mark..... so far. The weather has been crazy and so has our house. The kids were out of school Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for snow & ice while Coop got sick on Monday night around 1:30 am. She sat straight up in bed and just threw up everywhere! She got sick once more and then dry heaved the rest of the time until around 6 am. She and I were both exhausted. It then hit Jack around 10:30 Tuesday night and again around 11:45 and then he was fine but stayed home from school on Wednesday just to be on the safe side. He had a very short week of school... just Friday. I think he liked the new schedule. I, as well as Lettie, proceeded to get the stomach bug Wednesday night. Luckily, Lettie only threw up once and she was fine after that. We had tried our best to keep everyone away from her so she wouldn't get sick and throw off her meds. I, on the other hand, had the worst case of this virus. I was sick all Wednesday night into Thursday morning. I felt terrible. My mom was out of school as well so she was able to come and help take care of the kids on Thursday while I rested and recuperated. What a "fun" week in our house!
Lettie continues to have daily seizures. Her new medicine, Lamictal, has been in her system for almost a week but Dr. P said it could take several weeks to see any results from it because we have to increase it so slowly. It will take 8 weeks to get to her correct dosage for her size so maybe this will do the trick along with some help from God, I keep praying. I'll try to get a good picture of her tomorrow to post because her hair is growing back so fast and getting longer each day. It's sad to see what a big girl she is becoming so fast ( and when I say big I'm especially referring to her precious 22 lb. body I tote around with me everywhere I go like an accessory). She is a happy girl most of the time but we still long to hear words come out of her mouth or the chance to see her crawl or maybe even walk some day. These are our loooong term goals I guess so patience is what we need. During her new seizures she sticks out her bottom lip and cries and it just breaks your heart. I think she understands more and more that something isn't right and it scares her. I pray this will stop soon and she will have freedom once again from these seizures.
Well,I guess you can look forward to another "eventful" week in the life of the Brittons cause there is truly NEVER a dull moment with us, good or bad.. guess that's the way our cookie crumbles..... however I'm looking for a really hard, stale cookie in our future that stays intact!

12 comments:

  1. Well, at least you didn't get the virus during Christmas week! We still think about you a lot and I have been especially praying for you since the seizures came back. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family is still praying for yours. Jesus I Trust in You! Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  3. We pray for each of you every day. We love you all. LeaAnne Dollar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you guys so much!

    Cheryl Ambrister

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are also still praying for Lettie and for each of you and the big God story that is still being written!

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. We still have Lettie and your entire family in our thoughts and prayers. Still trusting God for miracle for Lettie. Hope your Christmas was great and you have a wonderful New Year with all of God's blessings.
    Love,
    Sue Ann & Windy Lingerfelt

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was the Life 88.3 for the week and I have been reflecting over it constantly. I put it up on paper in my kitchen to let it be a reminder for this coming year that the Lord makes a will in desert places. I will be praying that He, by His mighty hand, makes a stream burst forth in desert places for Lettie. Isaiah 43:19 "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." I pray you have many stones of remembrance to set up this year and that it will be a year of deliverance for Lettie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. makes a way in desert places, not will. Sorry! Proofread self... proofread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a note to let you know we still pray and believe. I just can not express my deep emotions for you and Lettie. Maybe it's the closeness in age of Anna and Lettie; the time we spent together when you first had her during that bible study; or maybe...just maybe it's the Lord that continues to soften....well actually break...my heart for what breaks yours. I continue to pray with fervent request before the throne of our God, the God Most High, the author of our Salvation and lives. Marisa is right, He is still writing the story and I pray for the revelation of His Mercy, Grace and Healing be evident as we watch it unfold. Loving you all dearly and praying for you always!!!!
    Michelle Lyons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer, this is Spring Yates (needham) I posted a post last night, but I don't see it on here. I stayed up until 3am this morning reading your blog from the start. I am truly sorry to hear about your little girl. I said a special prayer for you and your family last night.My daughter was diagnosed with type one diabetes, and celiac disease. I know how your heart breaks for your child. I am not saying mine is as bad as yours, by no means. I am just saying that I understand how this is hard on you and your family. My email is sandbduncan@aol.com if you can send me an email. I will continue to pray for you. Spring

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey guys, I am going through the Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young right now, and I thought today's entry would encourage you, so I wanted to share it. If you're not familiar with it, she writes an excerpt as though God is talking straight to you based on several verses for that day. Here is todays.

    rom 8:31, ps 46:1-3, lk 1:37

    "I am with you and for you. When you decide on a c...ourse of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you. You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal, but dont be discouraged- never give up! With My help, you can overcome any obstacle. do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember that I, your very-present Helper, am omnipotent.

    Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come. One of the main ways I assert My sovereignty is in the timing of events. if you want to stay close to Me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment. Instead of dashing headlong toward your goal, let Me set the pace. Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My Presence."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Psalm 119:114-116 "...I have put my hope in your word... Do not let my hopes be dashed."

    Psalm 71:12, 14 "Be not far from me, O God. Come quickly, O my God to help me... I will always have hope, I will praise you more and more."

    Psalm 94:19 " When anxiety was great within me, your joy brought consolation to my soul."

    Joshua 3:5 "...consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LOARD will do amazing things among you."

    Luke 2:40 "And (Lettie) grew and became strong; (she) was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon (her)."

    We continue to pray for your precious family. The Lord is close and I pray that He draws you in and makes you ever more aware of His lovingkindness.

    ReplyDelete