Friday, September 3, 2010

So far, so good

Well, we did it! Lettie has now gone 46 days without a seizure! Praise the Lord. It's really hard for me to say or type that because I get so nervous that she'll have one right after I say it, but I pray so hard that God will continue to provide her with a life without seizures as He has done so far. It has been a tough week emotionally for us, but each day gets a little easier. I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the good news on Lettie's seizures. Thanks to all who continue to pray for her and we pray everyday for a miraculous and complete recovery with functional left side movement. She has had a good week full of VERY early (5 am) smiles and sweet laughter. I'll take the early mornings any day over what we've had though!

12 comments:

  1. I watch for updates each day.... I pray for your family and Lettie Bug each day..Praise God no seizures..... I love seeing pictures of this precious baby if you can post a new picture please do..... i look at her and what a miracle...prayers going up Thanks for the updates....I know you are so busy.... Tracy R.N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying...thanks for the update....Patti B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! Thank you, thank you Lord!!! Yea Lettie girl!!! Oh, Im so so happy for this amazing day to celebrate. Go out to dinner, go for ice cream.. do something extra special to lift up banners and celebrate this awesome gift from the Lord!!! I know we so often feel like we are jinxing ourselves saying stuff, but phew.. it is completely the enemy that wants to keep you from SHOUTING FROM THE ROOFTOPS that sweet Lettie has been freed. Stand in faith to proclaim what the Lord has done for you and bind that arrow in the name of Jesus! John 20:29 says "..blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." I saw this verse on a friend of mine's blog the other day, and while it encouraged my heart, I also immediately thought of you and Mark. Continue to lift your expectations higher and claim this continued freedom for sweet Lettie from seizures! I am right there with you!! The Lord is so pleased with your heart to expect things from Him that ONLY He is able to accomplish. I believe it pleases Him to honor your faith in His limitless power. LIFT your eyes.. LIFT your expectations.. and I will continue to on your behalf. SO HAPPY FOR YOU TODAY!!! REJOICE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord! I also look for updates and was thinking of your family while I was out shopping today and I couldn't wait to get home and check to see how Lettie has been doing. I pray for your family daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to hear that Lettie continues to be seizure free! We are still praying!
    The Whitakers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer,
    I'm so glad you are back home and Lettie is doing much better! We are still sending prayers your way. :)
    Sarah Julian Napier

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear the great news about Lettie! You'll have to post a pic of Lettie's sweet smile when you get a free minute...I'm sure it makes your heart glad to she her smile and hear that sweet laugh! God is so good and will continue to be by Lettie's side. Hoping you guys have a great holiday weekend.
    Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful day here in Nashville, but I know it is much more beautiful in Knoxville with God shining his blessings on Lettie. How grateful we are for all His love and blessings on us all. Still praying for Lettie and so grateful for her progress. How great is our God!
    Windy & Sue Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news! We continue to pray for Lettie and her complete recovery as well as your whole family. God is Good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read your blog to my family as we were traveling home tonight. I could hardly read it to them from crying...#1 because Lettiebug has been seizure FREE (MIRACLE from GOD!) & #2 reading about your dog broke our hearts for y'all. So rare to have a pet for almost 21 yrs. I know y'all are going to miss him terribly. Please know that I'm praying for Lettiebug & y'all...Continuing to pray for complete healing-especially of her left side. Made my heart happy to read she's smiling & babbling. What sweet music to your ears! Also thanking God for the answer to many prayers from many people about Lettie's eating improving! She's making great strides. She is such a trooper & you & Mark are too. Precious pics of Cooper & Jack too. I can only imagine how glad you are to be home w/them again! We should have a "Lettiebug Prayer Warrior Reunion". We all feel like we know you & your family. Thank you for sharing your Journey w/us. It has been an honor to pray for Lettiebug & your sweet family.In His Love~Lisa C. Montgomery,Al

    ReplyDelete
  11. Continue to trust our All Knowing God! Our emotions can get so tangled at time, but our Trust is in HIM and holding on to His Word and Truth; not our circumstances. Our emotions are very real, ones that God has given us; He loves you Summer Mark and Lettie-bug! Unfailing love...hold on you precious family. Our prayers uplift you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lettie's success in coming off the diet and still being seizure-free verifies that sometimes Mom's God-given intuition has to be given weight! Praise God for giving you that insight and praise Him for her being seizure-free!
    Praying for a good week for you. God bless you all!
    The Whitakers

    ReplyDelete