Tuesday, February 1, 2011

All three are cavity free!



So I took all three of my munchkins to see Mark at his new location, Children's Dentistry of Knoxville, yesterday. Mark is in the process of selling his practice at Cornerstone and transitioning to work with his buddy and fellow classmate, Darryl Phillips. Darryl is a pediatric dentist and owner of Children's Dentistry and he and Mark have been working on this transition for awhile now and it has finally come to fruition.He will continue to be at Cornerstone some for root canals and other stuff and also be at Children's as well. Mark absolutely loves it and I think it is a great fit for someone with his traits... big kid, jokester,video gamer, sports fanatic, total ADHD! Need I say more. Oh, and he knows the ins and outs of every Disney channel show Directv has to offer so that makes for easy conversation with the little people! Surprisingly all three of our kids were cavity free. Jack has always been great with brushing, Coop not so much. She starts chewing gum around 9 or 9:30 in the morning and follows with a fruit roll up, some gummies and then washes it down with a big glass of chocolate milk. She is very sneaky with her gum because she is told she cannot have gum till after lunch but somehow I pass her in the house and she's just chomping away! She's already had one "cabidy" as she called it and was so excited...she thought it was a good thing that she got to go back to see Daddy but Jack and I tried to explain it wasn't but you can't tell her anything. The best news was that Lettie's teeth looked good. We didn't do any x-rays but got through the cleaning with some crying and struggling but it wasn't near as hard as I thought it would be. Mark and Tammy, one of the girls at the office, did the cleaning while I held her hands down. She only bit Mark once and then we put a retractor in her mouth to keep her from biting. I got a good pic of her in the dental chair.. she looks like such a big girl! Makes me so proud and sad at the same time. She continues with daily seizures but we'll continue to ask God for relief.

7 comments:

  1. Lettie is so sweet in this picture. She looks like she is doing well. I still pray for her daily.Valerie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lettie looks adorable in the dental chair. Glad Mark's business is going well! Still praying every day for no seizures. Love to you all.

    LeaAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to pray for relief right along with you. Relief and endurance for you and Marks hearts as well. She is such a precious angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lettie is so precious. She continues to be in our prayers and you all as well. I will miss Mark at Cornerstone but know he will be a super good kid dentist!
    Gennie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you & for you. You face nothing alone NOTHING! When you are anxious, know that you are focusingon the visable world & leaving me out of the picture. The remedy is simple: Fix your eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. Verblize your trust in me, the Living One who sees you always. I will get you safely thru this day & all of your days. But you can only find me in the present. Each day is precious gift from My Father. How ridiculous to grap your future giftswhen today is set before you! Receive today's gifts gratefully, unwrapping it tenderly & delving into the depths. As you savor this gift you will find me. From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

    ReplyDelete
  6. Windy and I have a list of people we pray for when we pray together and Lettie is at the top of our list. She is so precious and she is getting to be such a big girl. God bless Lettie and God bless you and Mark. Our love,
    Sue Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guys, I still think and pray for you all daily. Thank you again for sharing this journey with us. I'm sure those three precious little faces make it all worthwhile, even in the darkest moments. You are a very special family. Lots of love, Casey Cook Raper (the good twin) :)

    ReplyDelete