Sunday, April 10, 2011

MRI scheduled...more seizures

So Vandy called on Thursday and Lettie's MRI is scheduled for May 2 at 9:30am. We will then be admitted to the hospital for a day or two to begin our ATCH injections and weaning off of her Vigabatrin (this is one of her seizure meds we ship from Canada). Alot is riding on the results of this MRI. If it shows that the right hemisphere is completely disconnected then ACTH is a go. IF the MRI shows microfibers still attached to the right side then that will be discussion time of what to do next. Do we go ahead and put her through the ACTH side effects again and the difficulty of it to "possibly" stop the seizures; do we go for a second opinion MRI somewhere else; do we prepare for another surgery at Vandy (the first one there stunk..I mean reeked!). So much to decide! Please specifically pray that God will make the answer VERY clear for Mark and I. As for Lettie, she has had a seizure every day since Wed. Looks like her brain is back on that stupid cycle again! As I'm typing this post with my left hand I'm holding her in my right arm..all 25 pounds, cause she fell asleep and woke up with a terrifying look on her face and screaming. She does this sometimes and I don't know if she's scared or hurting...it's a tough one. I will post later about Coop's soccer and Jack lost another tooth; my body is tiring quick and my right bicep is burning! I've got to find time to workout!

5 comments:

  1. Not sure you ever watched the movie Gifted hand. It would be a great one to watch we just watched it. It's true. The little girl had seizures and is seizure free. It' John Hopkins hospital. In Baltimore maryland. And The doctor is still there. My sister in law is a nurse. She is using this movie to teach her students.. Just thought i would share will be praying for your lovely family and that you daughters seizures to get better. Prayers From pennsylvania. God bless's you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really pray for a clear path for whatever the next course is for her/ya'll. The seemingly never ending cycle is tiring to hear about/watch, so I can only imagine living it. God provides...not in our time and sometimes not even in ways we can comprehend. Sorry I forgot to respond to your text...but you can send it to me if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about and praying for you guys.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer, I am always checking on you guys through your blog and hoping that the prayers Kyndra got for you are a blessing. Your story and faith are inspiring. I have no answer to why, only that God is there and He always has you family's best interest in mind. Prayerfully, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still thinking about you and praying for Lettie and you in Nashville. God bless each of you as you go through these trials of life. Thanks for keeping us posted. The children are all so precious.
    Love,
    Sue Ann & Windy

    ReplyDelete